Brake dragging

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2008 - 14:03:49 EST

Josh writes: >> So I replaced the rotors and pads on the
front of the truck about a thousand miles ago and today while
driving home one of the front's appears to have locked up. It
was smoking pretty bad and looked really hot as the grease was
bubbling. So what would cause this to happen before I start
digging into it, and am looking at replacing more then the pads
and rotor on that side due to the heat, like the caliper? <<

The Phoenelic piston in the caliper is swelling and sticking.
A very common problem with older MOPARS. Probably
with later models as well.. '89 is the latest I've personally
had this happen on.

Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime
that damage morale, and undermine the military are
saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged.
 --President Abraham Lincoln "

Azie