Re: testicatteed

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 14:47:32 EST

> My question is: How does a woman speak to an area of people that don't
> value women in the same way that we do? For crying out loud, they make
> them cover their face in public. Would she have to cover her face just
> to get them to listen to her?

Only the Taliban and a few others on the far extreme require the
covering of a woman's face. Most of the Middle East only requires a
covering of her hair with a head scarf. In conservative countries it
could be problematic, but in moderate countries they have no
expectations for non-Muslim women to live and dress by the same
standards. This is at least the case in Jordan and Palestine from what
I saw in my own experiance.