Re: OT: Bikes

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 15:19:10 EST

http://www.brunswickharley.com/usedbikes.cfm?viewid=596

> > Just my $.02...
> >
> > Probably can't tell that I love THIS country,
> huh...
> >
> > Bob (DAKSY) Smith
> > DAKSY2K on AIM
> > 2K SY Dakota Sport +
> > V-6 4 x 4 5 speed
> > 2K08 Softail Cross Bones
> >
> > http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/
> > Averill Park, NY
> >

> Ya' know what the great thing about this country is
> Bob? That we can
> have free enterprise and all that good stuff -
> allowing auto parts
> houses like NAPA, AutoZone, Advance, etc etc... to
> spring up on almost
> every street corner... heh
>
> so when your Hog leaks all its oil out on a run into
> town, you can pick
> up a case real easy :-D

I gotta say (and this from a Suzuki sport bike owner)
there is nothing wrong with the Harley of today. Back
when Harley was bought out in a hostile take over by
AMF quality went down and they did have oil leakage
problems. Today, since Harley bought themselves back
and are an independent company, quality is way back up
and they don't leak oil. Harley is one of the better
made bikes on the road today and for the style of bike
they produce they hold value way better than any other
bile on the road. No other motorcycle manufacturer can
build a bike that does what Harley does, cruise well
in comfort. I have looked at a Harley as a compliment
to my 1200cc sport bike to use as a touring machine. I
just can't afford one right now.

Ray