Re: OT Bikes

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 09:23:54 EDT

Hey, T-Tom,

<>Ya' know what the great thing about this country is Bob?<>

What are you maybe 24 years old? You don't know SQUAT about what's great
about this country, young fella.
Because I grew up a USAF brat, I had to keave this country when I was 8
years old & went to live two foreign
countries, for the NEXT 5 YEARS, where I knew NO ONE & I knew NO WORDS.
Fortunately, I was surrounded
by other kids in the same boat. I stood at attention at 5 PM almost EVERY
NIGHT & respectfully saluted the flag
of my country as it was slowly lowered to the waiting hands of United States
Soldiers, to be carefully folded & stored
for the night. I still do that when I pick up Susan from work at Watervliet
Arsenal.
I SING our National Anthem OUT LOUD when I attend major sporting events, &
every time I do, I cry for the joy of
being a United States citizen.
I even enlisted in the U.S. Army during the VietNam Era
You know what is great about this country? Flying back into JFK as a 13
year-old & seeing BASEBALL fields
EVERYWHERE from the plane's window! More fields in 10 minutes than I had
seen in the previous five years!
I try to buy American, every time I shop. I'm not ALWAYS successful, because
we don't make a whole lot.
OK, so my DAK was partially under occupation by German Forces at the time of
purchase, but I was driven by the fact
that my Dad & Granpa were MoPar their entire lives...

<>That we can have free enterprise and all that good stuff - allowing auto
parts
houses like NAPA, AutoZone, Advance, etc etc... to spring up on almost
every street corner... heh<>

HEH! I'll say HEH! What a freekin joke...You can take a tour of the planet
just by looking at the manufacturer's labels on their inventory!

<>so when your Hog leaks all its oil out on a run into town, you can pick
up a case real easy<>

First of all, HOGs don't leak, they mark their territory!
Secondly, the only spots under my Sporty were from cleaners when I bathed
her...
Thirdly, I cringe every time I buy some thing from you guys for my DAK. I
don't chance it with the H-D...
I'll spend more at the Stealer, but I'll get the right part from an MMI
trained tech, not some zit-faced billboard for bad art
with an eye brow that looks like a shower curtain rod...

I'm done ***sigh*** & I apologize to everyone who had to read my rant...
I just don't think the young guys get it anymore...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
(VietNam Era Vet & son of a VietNam & Korea Vet & Grandson of WWI & WWII
vets)
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed