Re: Re: OT Bikes

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 11:53:28 EDT

DAKSY wrote:
> Hey, T-Tom,
>
> <>Ya' know what the great thing about this country is Bob?<>
>
> What are you maybe 24 years old? You don't know SQUAT about what's great
> about this country, young fella.
> Because I grew up a USAF brat, I had to keave this country when I was 8
> years old & went to live two foreign
> countries, for the NEXT 5 YEARS, where I knew NO ONE & I knew NO WORDS.
> Fortunately, I was surrounded
> by other kids in the same boat. I stood at attention at 5 PM almost EVERY
> NIGHT & respectfully saluted the flag
> of my country as it was slowly lowered to the waiting hands of United States
> Soldiers, to be carefully folded & stored
> for the night. I still do that when I pick up Susan from work at Watervliet
> Arsenal.
> I SING our National Anthem OUT LOUD when I attend major sporting events, &
> every time I do, I cry for the joy of
> being a United States citizen.
> I even enlisted in the U.S. Army during the VietNam Era
> You know what is great about this country? Flying back into JFK as a 13
> year-old & seeing BASEBALL fields
> EVERYWHERE from the plane's window! More fields in 10 minutes than I had
> seen in the previous five years!
> I try to buy American, every time I shop. I'm not ALWAYS successful, because
> we don't make a whole lot.
> OK, so my DAK was partially under occupation by German Forces at the time of
> purchase, but I was driven by the fact
> that my Dad & Granpa were MoPar their entire lives...
>
> <>That we can have free enterprise and all that good stuff - allowing auto
> parts
> houses like NAPA, AutoZone, Advance, etc etc... to spring up on almost
> every street corner... heh<>
>
> HEH! I'll say HEH! What a freekin joke...You can take a tour of the planet
> just by looking at the manufacturer's labels on their inventory!
>
> <>so when your Hog leaks all its oil out on a run into town, you can pick
> up a case real easy<>
>
> First of all, HOGs don't leak, they mark their territory!
> Secondly, the only spots under my Sporty were from cleaners when I bathed
> her...
> Thirdly, I cringe every time I buy some thing from you guys for my DAK. I
> don't chance it with the H-D...
> I'll spend more at the Stealer, but I'll get the right part from an MMI
> trained tech, not some zit-faced billboard for bad art
> with an eye brow that looks like a shower curtain rod...
>
> I'm done ***sigh*** & I apologize to everyone who had to read my rant...
> I just don't think the young guys get it anymore...
>
> Bob (DAKSY) Smith
> (VietNam Era Vet & son of a VietNam & Korea Vet & Grandson of WWI & WWII
> vets)
> DAKSY2K on AIM
> 2K SY Dakota Sport +
> V-6 4 x 4 5 speed
> 2K08 HD Softail CrossBones
>
> http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/
> Averill Park, NY

Ya know... this is the very first time I have honestly been offended by
someones post. As for my age I'm 27, not 24. Which really doesnt matter
because "babyface" that I am, I still get no respect from anyone.

And of all people, yours too Bob. Would not have expected that from you.
  I think your perception of my post was way outta context. All I meant
out of that was a friendly nudge nudge kinda ribbing. Instead I was
called a young dumb punk.

And while I'm less offended of your opinion of my employers inventory, I
wiould like yo point out that there is a good deal of our stuff that's
made right here in the USA. Our higher-line brake rotors for example
are US made and a good portion of them come right out of Wisconsin's own
Waupaca Foundry. I've had that verified by an employee of that foundry.

Anyway - I hope this was all a misunderstanding, as I was telling a
friend of mine lastnight after I made that oil leak post, what a great
guy Bob Smith was, and to find your post this morning was quite a slap
in the face.

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine