Re: OT: Bikes

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 16:46:30 EDT

--- DAKSY <rsmith13@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Hey, Ray...
>
> <> I gotta say (and this from a Suzuki sport bike
> owner)
> there is nothing wrong with the Harley of today.
> Back
> when Harley was bought out in a hostile take over
> by
> AMF quality went down and they did have oil leakage
> problems. Today, since Harley bought themselves
> back
> and are an independent company, quality is way back
> up
> and they don't leak oil. Harley is one of the
> better
> made bikes on the road today and for the style of
> bike
> they produce they hold value way better than any
> other
> bile on the road. No other motorcycle manufacturer
> can
> build a bike that does what Harley does, cruise
> well
> in comfort. I have looked at a Harley as a
> compliment
> to my 1200cc sport bike to use as a touring
> machine. I
> just can't afford one right now. <>
>
> ' Swut I'm talkin bout!!

Bob you're welcome.

And thank you for offering an apology to Terrible Tom.
That really shows class.

As far as everything else, can we please let it go?
Everybody rides what they want and enjoys it. For me,
my feelings as this: Every bike on the road, mine
included, has their good points and bad. So do
somethings better then others and somethings worse
then others. To each their own. It's not what you
ride, but that you ride. I belong to a group that is
located mostly in California, but is world wide. We
have owners of nearly every conceivable make bike on
the road (Including one member that owns an Enfield)
and I have not in all my years of riding seen a group
that is more there for one another. We have a
Gathering, similar to the DML BBQ twice a year, where
you can see Triumphs, BMW's, any Jap bike Ducati's and
Harley's parked side by side and everyone gets along.

Like I said, its not what you ride, as long as you
enjoy the passion of riding.

Ray

Some risk is necessary in life. Without risk, the new world wouldn't have been discovered, man wouldn't have landed on the moon and we wouldn't ride motorcycles.