Re: How did you find the DML?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 21:51:25 EDT

DAKSY wrote:

> How did you stumble across this knowledgeable, friendly, passionate (&
> sometimes Dysfunctional!) family of Dak lovers?

Funny you should ask... I think most people probably found the web site
first, but I had subscribed to the mailing list before I knew there even
was a web site.

I had been on a Neon mailing list prior to getting the Dakota. When I
traded vehicles in September '96, I went looking to see if there was
such a thing as a mailing list for Dakotas. This was back before Google
even existed. Plus I've been on the net before there was a web, and at
that point I was still more used to ftp than web browsers. So I jumped
on the ftp archive. I don't remember the exact site, but one of MIT's
ftp archives used to maintain a list of known mailing lists. I grabbed
the automotive index, found the subscribe address, and signed up. The
welcome message had a pointer to the home page, which was cool.

Been here ever since.