Re: RE: YAL (Yet Another Leak)

From: Bill Pitz (bill@pitz.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 21:14:54 EDT

> Check the body plugs under the vehicle and make sure they're not rusted
> through or punctured. You can see them by looking under the vehicle - look
> for two tabs sticking through an oval hole in the floor. Other areas that
> the water can leak through and into that area: Upper A-Pillar (water travels
> through the body channel), door-jam seal, or bottom door/body seal.

Heheh... I think I caused it myself. I still had the rear seat, tool
tray, and driver side quarter panels removed from my adventure in
finding the leaking air exhauster. It looks like the door seal gets
supported/held in place a bit by the quarter panel. I put everything
back together today and found that the door seal was a bit damp.
Everything seems to fit a bit tighter with all of the pieces there (duh).

I also discovered (while looking at the body plugs) that there are
rubber plugs going all the way up the side of the cab that allow (very
limited) access to the channel that was collecting water... Knowing
this should make it easier to tell if the leak is still there without
having to tear apart the interior again.

Let me also say for the record that I hate those #%*#()! yellow
Christmas tree fasteners that attach the interior panels.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction Bernd.

-Bill