Re: Driving the Dak or a rental....what would you do??

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2008 - 12:49:54 EDT

Wow...an Escort at those speeds, that's pretty scary. I know driving
across the salt flats on I-80 the speed of traffic is about 78 mph for
semis and a good 85-95 for everybody else, I can believe that it's 100
south of there.

This does bring up a question though. A few months back I was driving
across I-84 in Eastern Oregon and wanted to see what the top speed was
on my Dakota, it seemed to not be able to get over 105, of course once
I got to that speed I had to let off the gas since I was approaching
some other traffic (a few cars passing a semi). Is there a governor on
our trucks?