Re: Blinker causes radio to go out and back on

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Apr 16 2008 - 23:05:13 EDT

"Jason A Banta" <jason.banta@louisville.edu> wrote:
> My first thought was the battery, but the radio/blinker thing is
> making me think it may be something much more expensive.

  I don't have any actual, helpful advice for you, but since nobody
else has considered this angle, I guess I'll be the one to suggest
that you check your blinker fluid reservoir, and top it up, if
necessary. This is exactly the sort of problem one might expect if
you run low. You shouldn't really let the blinker fluid get below
1/4 tank anyway, since the fluid itself provides lubrication for the
pump. Unfortunately, it may be too late, it sounds as though the pump
may have gotten hot and overloaded your radio's RIAA transducer.

--
                                          -Jon-