Re: Re: RE: speaker install

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Apr 20 2008 - 22:10:04 EDT

"GMBlows GMBlows" <gmblows@msn.com> wrote:

> Yes, I forgot to mention I have the premium Infinity system.
> So far I've replaced the fronts, and the entry level pioneer speakers
> do not sound as good as the stock infinitys.
> That is hopefully due to the fact I have the polarity wrong on the drivers
> side front!
> I'll post back when I get everything done correctly.

   I don't know if this is still the case or not, but back when I
ordered my '96, the Infinity system used special speakers with built
in amplifiers, and apparently if you purchased the Infinity system, you
couldn't just swap out the speakers, you'd have to replace the whole
head unit too. That's why I opted for the base radio when I purchased
the truck, because I figured the first thing I'd do would be to
replace the head unit or the whole system a lot cheaper than the cost
for the Infinity option. That turned out to be a dumb idea because
here it is nearly 13 years later and I still have that stock system
with no CD player; I haven't changed a single thing, and I could have
had the nice Infinity sound all of these years.

   Apparently I wasn't as much of an audiophile snob as I thought I
was at the time. ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-