Re: Re: RE: speaker install

From: Dave Wilker (wilkerbeast01@charter.net)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 11:38:38 EDT

Then you may need to use an impedance matching transformer. Here is a little
bit on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_power_theorem but basically,
you use a transformer to make the impedance of the speaker, in ohms, match
the outpuit of the source. For instance, if the speaker is 4 Ohms, and the
output of your radio is 8 ohms, you need a 2:1 transformer.

David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)