Re: Electrical PITA

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 21:53:47 EDT

Don Rey wrote:

> Fellow DMLers, I need help diagnosing this one.
*snip*

> What could cause this?? Starter relay? Thoughts? It's a 1994 Dak for
> this purpose... only the body is an 89.
>
> TIA!

If I remember correctly, you did swap over the *entire* wire harness on
the truck correct? Including the 60-way bulkhead down below the brake
booster?

There is a main power lead, something like a 12g wire or bigger, that
runs from the battery through the bulkhead block, into the cab and power
stuff like the ignition switch, etc etc... That line was heavily
corroded... even before Christine's little skinny dip. I had to totally
bypass the bulkhead connection. I basically cut the wires off both
sides and ran a new wire right through a hole in the firewall.

Hang on - lemme run out to the truck and see which wire it is... brb...

.... *doo bee doo bee doo*

Ok - looking at the block from the engine compartment - its the very
lower, far left wire. From the inside, it would be the very lower, far
right bottom wire, of the block.

I would check that - also I would check the infamous Gen II death splice
issue...

http://faq.dakota-truck.net/Electronics/gen2_stalling.html

...since your donor truck was a 94.

The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj
An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine