RE: Throttle stuck after TB cleaned

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 06:48:52 EDT

<snip>
> 97 CC SLT 5.2L
> FYI - 50mm F&B TB

How to trouble-shoot a sticking throttle:

It could be the TB itself, how its mounted to the manifold, the TPS, or any
of the cables attached to the TB.

1. One at a time, remove each cable attached to TB. (could have throttle,
trans TV, and cruise cables)

2. Operate throttle lever slowly by hand. Does it move smoothly to WOT and
return freely to its stop?

3. If not, remove another cable and try again. If it's not any of the
cables causing the sticking, remove the TPS and try again.

4. If it still sticks, look for interference between the throttle lever and
the fuel rail.

5. If it still sticks, remove the TB and see if it sticks with nothing
attached to it.

Somewhere along the line you're gonna find the problem. Little tip: Always
check for smooth throttle movement before mounting a TB. Then check again
before and after each component you connect to it. HTH

Ray