Fuel Pump and shocks

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 02:55:02 EDT

I replaced my fuel pump a few weeks ago after I made a trip down to
Eastern Oregon with horrible mileage and having to fill up the tank at
about the half way mark to keep it running at highway speeds on even
slight hills. Now I can run it down to empty with out the annoying
chugging and loss of power and the mileage, even hauling my quad and
gear down to the dunes is back to where it was almost 2 years ago.

Then of course I got out on the dunes and the whoopdeedoos made the
truck pancake like mad, we're talking full extension and bottoming out
of the shocks, so I guess it's time to replace them. I knew that one
was coming, but what ever was left on them was shot after those trails
and now even driving down the street is a rough ride. Other than the
shocks, I was pleased with how my truck did out on the sand when I had
the tires at a proper level of inflation (15 psi), granted it
obviously did no where near as good as my quad did out there.

Dustin Williams
Tacoma, WA
1994 Dodge Dakota SLT CC 4x4 V8
1998 Yamaha Banshee YFZ350 Bored 2 over with Weisco Pistons, shaved
head, Boysen Reeds, FMF Fatty Pipes and Pro Core Silencers, FMF Boost
Bottle, K&N Air Filter, Pro Motion Air Box, and a few other mods