Thermostat or worse

From: DodgeDe@cs.com
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 19:18:38 EDT

Hi group,
I'm having some heat problems.
So the truck is running a bit warmer than normal and under hard acceleration
gets quite a bit warmer. This is with the factory gage. It normal ran two
needles or so below center and it is now running dead center to a needle or so
warmer. On hard acceleration it pushes it to the high mark of normal, After I let
off it and take it easy it comes back to the high side of center. It has the
stock T-stat and I was thinking of changing it to 180 anyhow. This is a 5.9
and yes the electric fan is on. It has less than 45K miles on it.

So I'm looking for thoughts is it the T-stat or something worse?

Bill
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop
playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

00 cc R/T Hemi Orange w/shacker hood
72, 440 Six Pack Charger Rally