Front axle shafts

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 13:14:35 EDT

I'm planning on replacing both front axle shafts on my '95 4x4.

First, how important is it to also replace the spindle nuts? I tried to
change those when we (meaning Jon) changed the hubs last year. The parts
AutoZone had listed weren't right, so I just put the old ones back on.

Second, AutoZone's web site is telling me that along with the axle shafts,
"Engine alignment is critical for this application. Strongly suggest
replacement of motor mounts." How true is this?

Thanks.