It's a sad day...For Sale: 1997 Dodge Dakota

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 20:18:31 EDT

Yes, it's a sad day but I have to do it....

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT (V6/5spd)

This has been a project truck since it was new (I am the original owner with clean title). Unfortunately, I don't have the time to finish up the V8 conversion and had to scrap the engine project. Truck is missing the original engine as it was beyond rebuilding.

Extra's included:
Reflexxion Cowl Hood
APEXi SAFC-II Fuel Controller
Custom Flashed PCM (Engine Controller)
Hotchkis Front/Rear Springs and Coils
Quickor SwayBars (1-1/4" Front and 1-1/8" Rear)
KYB "MonoMAX" Shocks (Front and Rear)
Modified Factory Front End-Links (Poly Bushings)
Energy Suspension "Flipped" Rear End-Links (Poly Bushings)
Dana Heavy-Duty Limited-Slip Differential: 3.55:1
Hotchkis Front/Rear Springs (Coil/Leaf)
Toyo Proxes ST 255/40-18 Tires
Enkei "RT6" 18"x8.5" Rims
Cerullo XR Custom Upholstered Seats
Simpson 4-Point Harness (w/Steel mounting plate under body)
Floor/Cab Reinforcement Bar
2006 Dodge Viper Steering Wheel (No Airbag)
2006 Dodge Viper Shift Knob (Mopar Accessory)
Infinity Reference Series Component Speakers (Front)
JBL Audio Rear 6.5" Speakers
MTX Thunderform Dual 10" Subwoofers (in enclosure)
Clarion 400W Amp - Drives the Front/Rear Speakers
HiFonics 250W Amp - Drives Sub-Box
Mopar Billet Fuel Door
LED Tail lamps
Halogen Backup Lamps
Tinted Windows - Side, Rear, and Slider

All this truck needs is a new engine (Either V6 or V8 conversion). If you want to put in a V6, I still have the custom built heads, camshaft, carillo rods, and custom ground crank.

I have invested over $8000 in modifications in this truck but have to let it go. I am asking $3500 for the entire vehicle - I will not part it out.
You can see the entire buildup here: http://www.dodgetrucks.org/fasstdak