RE: Re: RE: RE: UH-OH!

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2008 - 22:18:06 EDT

Tom, if you're talking about the multi-layer, reusable trans pan gasket,
don't be too quick to blame the gasket. I suspect you're using the stock
steel trans pan and they are easily deformed around the bolt holes after
being tightened a few times. If that's the case then yes, the cork and
hightack may be right for you.

Also, don't overlook the possibility the dipstick seal may be leaking.
I've seen two kinds...an o-ring on the tube and a sleeve of sorts that fits
into the hole in the trans hole for the dipstick tube.

Personally, I've reused my multi-layer pan gasket at least a dozen times
over the years and have never had even a hint of a leak. However, I'm also
using a cast aluminum pan. You couldn't pay me enough to go back to a cork
gasket! :)

Ray