Re: Engine Mounts (still!)

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2008 - 08:20:22 EDT

Westar makes what looks like the correct LH (driver's side) mount,
available at autopartswarehouse.com (http://tinyurl.com/6hvyhk).
What's interesting is it has the same part number suffix that the
passenger side NAPA part has - 2944. Does NAPA list it as the LH
mount? Autozone has one with the same part number suffix they list as
LH, but the picture is clearly the RH mount. And I went through this
screwup with RockAuto already - and now I think I understand. For 89,
they list an LH mount... which I bought initially (even though the
picture shows a RH mount)... what they shipped was a RH Gen2 mount.

Ugh. What would it take to rehab my existing mount? I molded plastics
in my high school tech classes... replacing the rubber with
polyurethane should be that simple.

Don in CT