RE: RE: power slot ?

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 16:14:24 EDT

On the '92, Jon, you are correct on the procedure in the FSM. Having said
that...heh heh....I have changed calipers, hoses, wheel cylinders, lines,
etc on my '92 and never (NEVER) have I bled the ABS module. In fact, since
I swapped in an 8.75 rear, the ABS is not even functional although the fluid
still passes through it on the way to the rear brakes. Works just fine!

Even on our '00 Grand Cherokee and '02 Stratus, I've bled the brakes but
never touched the ABS module. Again, brakes work great! YRMV. ;-)

I can imagine if the ABS module becomes faulty and is replaced, bleeding
would become necessary. Haven't been there yet. <fingers crossed>

Ray