RE: RE: Gen III QC fuel pump replacement - lessons learned part 2 of 2

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 22:46:15 EDT

I love my strap wrenches. They have come in handy on more than a few
occasions. I originally bought them when I agreed to change the fuel pump
on a friends Plymouth Breeze for the same reason you state after trying for
about 1/2 hour to use a screw driver and a hammer to "knock" the ring loose
only to break the little plastic ribs off the rings. Enter strap wrench and
it spun right off with not that much effort. They also work great for
holding the waterpump pulley when removing the clutch fan.

brian cropp