Re: Dakota Travel Bug

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 00:12:14 EDT

Don <don@y2kota.us> wrote:

> Jon, Whats the final target for the travel bugs?

   Hmmm, guess I had better get around to setting something up for
that! :-) I had originally wanted to create my own cache for the
destination, just so the cache wouldn't dissapear or something. I
actually did get one set up but it was disallowed due to being in a
WMA area (pretty stupid rule, but oh well). :-P I haven't gotten
around to setting up another one yet. The GenI and GenII tags are
both MIA unfortunately; the GenI was in a cache which dissapeared, and
the GenII was picked up by some guy a couple of years ago and never
placed in another cache. I'll probably try to contact the guy if I
get some time.

   The GenIII and GenIV tags are actually doing pretty well. I just
checked and I think one is in NJ, and another is near the NY/PA
border.

   Given that I don't forsee myself having the time to slog out
through the woods and set up a cache in the near future, I'll just
pick a convenient cache near me and set that to be the final
destination. Guess I should do that pretty soon, I didn't realize how
close those 2 bugs were getting!

--
                                          -Jon-