Re: RE: Do LSDs work in reverse?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 07:05:36 EDT

Hey, Jon...

<> Likewise, a front wheel drive car would have an easier time
 backing up a hill than it would driving up the hill for the same
reason. <>

Common sense would tell me to agree with you on this one, but in reality -
at least in MY driveway - it's the opposite for a front-wheel drive.
I have had at least 5 people try to turn around by pulling head first into
my driveway during the winter months - with FWD vehicles - that couldn't
back out. I hafta grab an old cannon sling from the Arsenal & drag em out
with the DAKSY.
OTOH, if they BACK down the driveway, the FWD will walk em right out...Sure,
they'll spin & throw stones & stuff, but they'll get out...
Those folks that tried it the other way, spun & threw the same stones &
stuff, but they slid farther down & onto what little lawn I have.

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed