Re: RE: Do LSDs work in reverse?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 11:19:07 EDT

On Friday 11 July 2008 01:07 am, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Probably just the weight distribution.  Facing downhill with a
> rear wheel drive vehicle takes some weight off the back wheels and
> puts them on the front.  The opposite is true for facing uphill,
> weight has been distributed from the front to the rear.

Hm. Interesting. I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm not talking about a
major hill or anything, though, just a slight one (2 or 3 degrees). It's
enough that you can see it, but not enough that the truck will roll forward
on it's own in neutral. Still, maybe that's enough, or maybe it's just a
difference in gear ratio from 1st to reverse? I should look that up and see
if there's anything there.