Re: 12oz r134a $4 at Big Lots - Now Carlisle

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 23:19:05 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
[...]
> So, if you see a purple
> Cherokee with the holeshot performance of an oil tanker, that will be
> me. (Especially if it gets eliminated in the first round.) ;-)

   Well, I called that one! ;-) 300 miles of driving, all sorts of
preparation, 3 time trials, and what do I do? Redlight in the first
round. (.06 too quick) I was about .20 too slow on the light in the
time trials, and was basically trying to whittle that down. The Jeep
leaves so slow that I needed to basically leave at the same time as
the third yellow came on. I jumped the gun a tad. I guess that's
what happens when you only go to the track once every couple of years.
:-P I'd be lying if I said I thought I got my $30 worth, but I
suppose it still beats a day at work. :-)

   Bill, I saw you driving to the track, I was the guy in the purple
Cherokee who waved at you just before you got to the single lane
underpass just before the track. (Either that or I waved at somebody
who built a clone of your Dak.) :-) I just saw you at the last
minute, so you probably didn't even notice me in my ordinarymobile.
:-) Your Dak sounds good, BTW! :-) I had already been eliminated
and was heading back to the hotel at that point; I think that was
probably sometime around 7:30 or so.

--
                                          -Jon-