Re: RE: Link/email for Quick D?

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 22:53:00 EDT

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Well, I just talked to him about an intake, but a throttle body would be nice also, and then an exhaust some time down the road as well.
>
> What are the reviews on the performance/fuel savings with the throttle body?
>
> I'm primarily concerned with any item that works to increase the fuel economy with this truck. ;)
>
> It hasn't been that bad though, I've got about a 20-mile (each way) commute to work, and it's mostly highway. If i keep out of it, i'm showing about 20-23 mpg on the computer. But that drops pretty quick when i pull away from the stop light. lol
>
> This Durango is way better on the gas than my Dak ever was. Of course, my Dak was definitely a "friday" built vehicle. lol
>
> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....

LOL biggest thing you can do to improve fuel economy is to not yell
Give'er off every stop light :)

Remove every bit of extra weight from the thing as possible... 3rd row
seat, if it has it and you dont use it... yank it.

I just got my neon back from the garage (had em do a few things I just
wasnt up to doing) and I'm itching to see if the fuel economy will go
up. Hope to hit the 40 MPG mark.

TerribleTom! New and improved for 2008! Twice As TERRIBLE!
Twice as INSANE! Now with Kung Foo Grip! *batteries not included*
The Mopar Enthusiasts Crunch Team http://tinyurl.com/32g3qj