Re: BBQ and NE/eastern NY convoy potential

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 13:03:17 EDT

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:
> On Tue, July 15, 2008 11:33 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:
>> we seem to come up with all sorts of ideas, but once the
>> event gets rolling, the BBQ just kinda does what it wants and we're
>> all just along for the ride. :-)

> That's today's Quote Of The Day right there.

  Heh! The DML BBQ steers about as quickly as an oil tanker. :-)

>> As far as firearms go, if there are enough people who are
>> interested in some target shooting, we can certainly try to do
>> something. I have no objection to it assuming that all of the
>> standard safety rules are followed.

> I'm interested, but the rules in Ontario are even more Draconian than in NY.
> So I don't even have anything I could bring to the party. I guess one of
> these days I should bring one or two rifles out from Utah and store them at
> your place, assuming you have a secure storage location available. That way I
> might get to go shooting more than once a year.

   Yep, we do have a gun safe which should have some extra room, since
I don't keep all of mine in there, I tend to stash 'em here and there
so that there's at least one close by wherever I happen to be. Doing
some shooting every now and again sounds like fun; if there was
somebody else there I might tend to do it more often than I have in
the past. :-) Though with the cost of ammo these days, depending on
the type of rifle you're using, putting a few rounds downrange might
equal the cost of gas you'd use to drive down here! :-P

--
                                          -Jon-