Re: Front diff fun... Dakvert drives again

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jul 19 2008 - 15:57:59 EDT

"Don Rey" <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/18/08, jon@dakota-truck.net <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:
>> "Don Rey" <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hmm Jon, you have a welder, right? Maybe at the BBQ I could use it to
>> > put a couple tack welds in one of my exhaust pipe joints.
>>

>> Yep on both counts. :-)

> Awesome, TIA. I may ask you or someone to either make the welds or
> re-train me on technique. I haven't welded since high school.

   Sure, not a problem. I forget exactly what you were trying to do
though; you wanted it welded to your driveshaft, right? :-)

> Yep I
> definitely have clearance issues. Less that 1" between radiator (in
> stock mounting position) and pulleys. I was thinking along the lines
> of mounting a new (possibly thinner?) radiator forward of the stock
> mounting position... stack it with the condenser and mount puller
> fans.

    That could work. Were you thinking of having a radiator shop make
up a custom aluminum unit or something? What did the Shelby Daks use,
and do you have room to duplicate their setup?

> to mount a lawnmower engine (as someone suggested) i may have to give
> up the space for my air horn.

   Perhaps if you aimed the air horn at your radiator and could find
enough stuff to honk at, you would be ok...

--
                                          -Jon-