Re: Front diff fun... Dakvert drives again

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2008 - 00:41:52 EDT

On 7/18/08, jon@dakota-truck.net <jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote:

> "Don Rey" <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I took the truck out for a spin finally. What a difference a couple
> > motor mounts make. And I put the exhaust back together too... I can
> > hold a conversation inside the cab!
>

> Even with the convertible top? :-)

Well to your point, not at 90mph :-D

> > Hmm Jon, you have a welder, right? Maybe at the BBQ I could use it to
> > put a couple tack welds in one of my exhaust pipe joints.
>

> Yep on both counts. :-)

Awesome, TIA. I may ask you or someone to either make the welds or
re-train me on technique. I haven't welded since high school.

> Doesn't sound like they are pushing their weight either. ;-)
> I'm assuming you have a bit of a clearance issue between the engine
> and the radiator due to the V8 swap in a GenI, eh? Lets see here,
> I've got a box full of 80mm case fans, some zip ties and duct tape...
> No, I've got it... A gas powered leaf blower with PVC ducting up
> to the radiator? :-)

I meant to capitalize on the push/pull pun and forgot to. Yep I
definitely have clearance issues. Less that 1" between radiator (in
stock mounting position) and pulleys. I was thinking along the lines
of mounting a new (possibly thinner?) radiator forward of the stock
mounting position... stack it with the condenser and mount puller
fans. but a gas powered blower might work too...

to mount a lawnmower engine (as someone suggested) i may have to give
up the space for my air horn.

Don in CT