RE: RE: Magnaflow CAT (23246)...Best price instock?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2008 - 09:37:03 EDT

We don't cut out the old cats....even on 100K+ mile Jeeps. As long as you
spray some rust penetrant on them and heat them properly (almost glowing
white - we use a "Rose bud" tip on our gas torch), they pry right out of the
pipe. Factory cats (unless it's an older Jeep XJ) don't need to be welded.
Aftermarket models...most of them yes.

- Bernd