Re: Shelby

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 22:25:33 EDT

What?? Is this a tuner's blog or a truck forum?? If these trucks
weren't made to drive and work, then what were they made for? It was
the first V8 Dakota. The 318 is a great workhorse. Granted, with an
unmatching door and a lightbar yanked, it's been roughed up a bit... I
just see it as "unrestored."

My convertible is in a similar state. It's been well used. I've hauled
close to 2000 lbs of shingles in the bed. I've hauled gravel a half
yard at a time. It's seen scaffolding and appliances, boats and
trailers, salt and fresh water, beach bouncing, mud slinging, and
trail blazing. It's got dents and dings (some bigger than others...)
and rust, and it's even got a better engine than when it started. It's
still unrestored... but it has done everything I bought it for, and
then some!

I love my Dak :)

Don in CT
89 DakVert 318 NV3500 4x4