Re: Can anyone post their Emissions Results?

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 00:38:01 EDT

When I originally registered my Dakota in Oregon in 2006 at my
parent's address (I was still a student) I didn't have to worry about
that and got to take advantage of the 2 year, $60 registration,
unfortunately I cost an additional $55 to transfer it from Washington.
Then when I moved up here I found that the counties in the Seattle
Metro Area, Spokane, and Vancouver (Portland Metro) all had emissions
standards. I was a bit nervous about it, but the all the readings were
well within range, with the highest being half of the allowable
levels. If I get a chance I'll try to look for the print out tomorrow
and post the results. Of course I had to pay for the emissions
inspection, have the title transferred back to Washington, and had to
pay the annual registration fee, plus the extra tax to support public
transportation. As a truck the registration is based on the weight of
the vehicle in their system, my Dakota should be right around 4000
lbs, the Dakota they had in the computer must have been a base model,
I4, 2x4, regular cab, because it's registered at about 2300 lbs.
Hopefully I'll get another promotion before my tags expire and a
transfer to a cheaper area.

Dustin