OT: computer graphics card

From: Jamie Calder (JCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2008 - 22:06:50 EDT

I installed a dedicated video card to replace the onboard video in my
computer. In the BIOS there's an option to select what to use for primary
video, onboard video or PCI. PCI was already selected although onboard was
being used (from the factory) and it was working fine. I checked Devise
Manager and only the new video card was listed. Selecting PCI as the
primary video doesn't turn off the onboard video since it was working while
selected. I still show that some of my system RAM is being shared with the
graphics card.
Total Available Graphics 511
Dedicated Video Memory 256
System Video Memory 0
Shared System Memory 255
I only want the 256 MB on the card to be used. It's only an office computer
but I need the new graphics card for dual monitor use. How do I turn off
the shared memory?
Thanks!
James