Re: Out of state registrations (was: Can anyone post their Emissions Results?)

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 01:10:30 EDT

On Aug 2, 2008, at 11:10 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> There's your solution, sell your truck to rick and have him rent
>> it back
>> to you... Kentucky plates = no emmissions...
>
>> I know a guy in Chicago that has his truck titled and plated in Texas
>> for that very reason [so he says]. I have no idea why he chose
>> Texas.
>

> I should look into that, to see if it is legal/possible for me.

do a search on Deer Creek, they are (among a few others) a Montana
LLC "broker" and if I had two more vehicles on the road they'd all be
wearing Montana plates and be owned by Maskalans LLC or similar.
Same goes if I move somewhere like PA, RI, CO, ME, etc where it would
not be easy/possible to get plates on my Dakota.

I'd meant to post about them before, I was looking into it for non-
painful trailer registration. The other common trailer state is
Maine - and if you have a "fleet" (>1) and go through a broker that's
100% legit as well - if you go to Maine as a private citizen the
state will let you but your state of residence may not be happy with
you.

Mike
Dak on 40s with some crap