Re: Out of state registrations

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 14:27:48 EDT

  Oh, one thing I meant to mention in my last reply but forgot, the
vehicle registration fees in MT seem to be based on the value of the
vehicle, and there would be an annual fee there, but from what I have
seen, it looks as though if a vehicle is 11 years old or older, you
can get a "permanent" registration, so you just pay the registration
fee once, and the registration is good for as long as you own the
vehicle, no renewals necessary. Most of my vehicles fall into that
category, so between one registration for life, no annual
safety/emissions inspections, and no sales tax when purchasing a new
vehicle, there is definitely the potential for savings. I just need
to see if the initial LLC cost (and the annual LLC renewal fees of
$100-200) can be low enough to be offset by the savings, and
especially I still need to see if I can legally do this with the
vehicles garaged in NY.

--
                                          -Jon-