Re: Brake Pads

From: jherrman@zoominternet.net
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 11:01:40 EDT

On 2008-08-15, "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:
> The brake inspectors normally don't take the brakes apart and actually
> measure the pads. What was the measured thickness of the pads with "plenty"
> on it?

They do pull the tires off to measure the brakes, but I doubt they
disassemble the brakes. The inspection receipt (at 61k miles) confirms
that all four wheels were pulled and reports the following
measurements: "LF12B LR15B RF12B RR15B". I don't know what "12B" and
"15B" mean, and whether it really is "plenty".