Re: RE: Temperature

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2008 - 14:46:47 EDT

Is the level in the radiator holding, or are you loosing water?

I had a few heat related issues with my Corsica in college, the first
was a bad sensor that controlled the fan, but it was consistent on hot
days at low speeds, doesn't fit with your symptoms, unless it's an
intermittent short, but it did take about a week of trouble shooting
and replacing everything my dad and I could think of for a vehicle
that didn't have a temp gauge or a functioning dummy light, the only
indication I had of problems was the boiling sounds when I would shut
it off. The later one was a blown head gasket. At that point the
vehicle was done and we junked it.

The way I finally isolated it to that sensor was by unplugging it and
bypassing it's connection with a paperclip, with that the fan ran all
the time, I replaced the sensor, plugged it in, and problem solved.
Cooling issues are a real pain in the ass.