Re: Pulled a Ranger from the River

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 12:10:18 EDT

> Anyway, the moral of the story: if you're going to drive in a river,
> use a real truck. Thats what Dakotas are for. :)

I had to rescue a Ranger a few months back. The idiot had a 2x4 and
backed off the gravel into soft dirt and couldn't get any traction. It
was a busy weekend and the parking area at my apartment building was
packed, so I maneuvered around all the vehicles, pulled out my tow
strap, they hooked it to something on their Ford, I hooked my end to
my tow hook on the front of the Dakota, put her in 4 low and reverse,
barely touched the gas peddle and the Ford was saved.

The ironic thing was after he thanked me the guy wanted to talk
religion...the last time I checked you don't get any rights like that
when you're the looser getting rescued, but then again, he was driving
a Ford.

Dustin Williams
Tacoma, WA
1994 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 V8