Re: Engine Dies and Restarts

From: Dave Wilker (wilkerbeast01@charter.net)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 15:49:24 EDT

A Hall effect switch is a small coil of wire. As a magnet (reluctor tooth)
passes near it, the magnetic field from the magnet induces a small amount of
current in the coil. This current is used as a trigger, which in turn tells
the computer to do whatever it is supposed to do when that happens.

David C. Wilker Jr.
USAF (RET)