Re: My 08 BBQ Pics...

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 02:01:06 EDT

Andy Levy wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 23:42, Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>Well I finally dragged out my digi cam... coming to the realization that my
>>camera is now more than 5 years old.. and is in need of replacement - I
>>noticed that if I have the quality setting on anything but max of 6 MP....
>>pics come out looking grainy. Time to upgrade...
>

> That's not the reason. My camera is 7 years old and you've seen the
> pictures that come out of it - I get some really good, clear ones. My
> guess is that the ISO is set too high on yours.

er, high iso causes that in film cameras, but it's umlikely in older
digicams. his prob is more likely other settings or maybe a failing
ccd. besides the other problem [blurry in low light] would indicate the
iso was reading too low, if that was the real problem.

Tom, if you want to call me sometime, we can go through the settings on
your camera and figure out if it's set wrong or actually going bad. IM
is cool too. If it is broken, I might be able to help fix it.

[among other things, I manage all of the cameras for my entire agency,
so there isn't a messed up or broken problem I haven't seen...]