Re: Tires

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 18:55:16 EDT

ttroidl@bluefrog.com wrote:

> If I go Viva 2 it would be for the fronts and I'd get snows for the
> rear, Wranglers I'd do on all 4...

  Sorry that this doesn't directly address your question, but
regarding snow tires, I have always heard that you should always do
all 4; the fronts provide all of your steering and most of your
braking, so from a safety standpoint, if you had to get only 2 winter
tires, you're technically better off putting them on the front... You
may not get any traction, but at least you can steer and stop. :-)

  Might be worthwhile to just pick up some cheap used rims to mount a
set of snow tires, then you can get a set of "no compromise"
performance type tires to run the rest of the year?

--
                                          -Jon-