My Old truck (long) was - Tires

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2008 - 16:38:45 EDT

>>I'm just happy to hear that the truck is still alive & kicking, in
good shape, and has a good home.<<

okay, I'm comin' out of lurk mode for this.. =)

I rolled by the shop the purchased my Premag to find that it has rotted away
and is now reduced to a shell of it's former self. Now that I'm on my 3rd
Dak I thought I'd start a thread about this: Anyone know where their old
truck might be? Have you seen it lately? is it running?

I'll start it off.

After my Premag I got a 2001 R/T CC. It was okay... lease return, had some
big All Terrain tires on it, but I saw the potential. Once I signed the
dotted line (they approved my credit?! I'll TAKE IT!) and got it home, I
started the project. Got some new BFG G-force T/A's, spent a day at the
detail shop gettin' her buffed and sanded, removed the emblems. She was
lookin' good. Then I noticed the taillights were different... one wasn't
Mopar... hmmm...

Several weeks later it started pullin' hard to one side... odd... tie rods
were gone. No biggie, repaired under warranty... 4 weeks later, tie rods
were gone again... hmmm.. this is odd... replaced under warranty again.
Suspicious, I go to the local body shop to have them check the frame (it's
good to know people with laser frame machines)... yup... frame tweaked bad.
You could see the welds on it! yipe! It's too late to return this thing to
the dealer where I got it (6 months by now) and the body shop says that this
vehicle should have been totalled. Had a clean CarFax tho... booo CarFax.

So here is where I learn a very important lesson. Upon investigating, I
learned that a leased vehicle is owned by, and the responsibility of, the
bank who pens the lease. This particular truck had been hit... hard...
$27,000 damage. The bank would not allow their underwriter to total the
vehicle since they saw it as a $36k investment... so, they valiantly tried
to repair the vehicle. Once I learned this, I dumped that truck fast. Traded
it in on a 2000 R/T CC that is now known as the Red Monster. 13.92@98 mph
and a hoot!.... so, where is the Silver 2001 Lemon? The dealership sold it
at a loss to a local Navy guy. It was re-totalled 3 months later when he was
rear-ended by a drunk driver. The owner of the lemon was ok tho =) I saw it
a few times before it's demise. I really wanted to tell the guy what he had
gotten himself into, but everytime I pulled up next to him he thought I
wanted to race. I'm sure my tailgate was delightful to look at. That Lemon
was doomed.. jinxed.. I'm pretty superstitious, so I'm glad I got rid of
that truck before it got totalled with me in it.

anyone else got a story?

-Miggity
00' R/T CC... a mod or two or 9 =)