Re: My Old truck (long) was - Tires

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2008 - 20:35:52 EDT

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 16:38, Mike Sykes <mikesykes@cox.net> wrote:

>>> I'm just happy to hear that the truck is still alive & kicking, in
>
> good shape, and has a good home.<<
>
> okay, I'm comin' out of lurk mode for this.. =)
>
> I rolled by the shop the purchased my Premag to find that it has rotted away
> and is now reduced to a shell of it's former self. Now that I'm on my 3rd
> Dak I thought I'd start a thread about this: Anyone know where their old
> truck might be? Have you seen it lately? is it running?

I last saw my '99 at BBQ 2007, still in the hands of Steve, who bought
it off me. One hell of a surprise seeing it there!

I haven't heard anything about my '03 since about a month after I
traded it in. I had left all the papers from dealer visits in the
glovebox and they had my work phone # on them. The new owner called to
ask if it had ever acted like it had a bad head gasket. His wife had
been driving uphill out of Cooperstown and it started blowing white
smoke and lost power.

Never did find out what happened.

If there was a way I could graft the 6.5' bed onto my '03, that would
have been the ideal setup. But I guess at that point, you may as well
get a Ram.