Re: RE: No start

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 02:16:05 EST

Brian wrote:
> I'd remove and clean all the battery terminals and the power wire to the
> sstarter to make sure there is good continuity.

I'd 2nd that comment... seems I've been getting a lot of these
situations through work lately. the "click" you hear - should be the
bendix (starter drive) kicking out - which means the solenoid is working
and is getting power from the ignition switch. The problem probably
lies between the battery and the starter. Thats assuming the starter
motor didnt spontaniously take a crap. Check and clean all the grounds
- negative battery cable should attatch to the engine somewhere.

Make sure the positive cable isnt loaded with corrosion. Can also try
jumping the terminals... old screw driver trick... or use a jumper to
see if it will turn over.

Can always pull the starter and have a parts house bench test it.

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...