Jeep GC tailgate

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 08:08:05 EST

Since everyone here seems so bored, I'm going to cross-post this question :)

I aquired my Dad's Jeep Grand Cherokee as he had no use for it and I
have the storage. The tailgate requires some special finesse to open.
I've found the best way to open it is to push firmly 6-12" to the
right of the handle, then pull open. If it doesn't work, then curse
and repeat. If your voice becomes hoarse, load through the rear
passenger doors intead.

Any permanent fix known? I've tried but have not figured out where
exactly it's hanging up. I've met two other JGC owners with the same
symptoms (including hoarse voice).

Don in CT
89 Dakota Convertible 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340