Re: Jeep GC tailgate

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 00:09:22 EST

On Dec 19, 2008, at 8:08 AM, Don Rey wrote:

> I aquired my Dad's Jeep Grand Cherokee as he had no use for it and I
> have the storage. The tailgate requires some special finesse to open.
> I've found the best way to open it is to push firmly 6-12" to the
> right of the handle, then pull open. If it doesn't work, then curse
> and repeat.

What year/generation is it? I have a '99 WJ I'm working on that I use
the "yank" method for. sometimes it takes one, sometimes three. it
never opens like it should though.

I'm interested to see what you find.

Incidentally, if anyone here has an oil pump drive and camshaft
position sensor for a distributorless 4.0 L6 I'm in need ('99+ WJ
Grand, '00+ TJ Wrangler, '01+ XJ Cheokee). Ditto for PS and AC
brackets off a '99-04 4.0 Grand Cherokee.

Mike
who also needs a long side inner for a '79 Ford D60