5.2 vibration/rumble/groan or something like that...

From: Rick Suter (rick.suteriii@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 18:44:52 EST

1999 5.2l, auto, 4x4, 128k miles. fresh tuneup, intake and plenum
gaskets, belts, hoses, rear driveshaft ujoints... The intake work made
it run better than it ever has, but I still have a nagging
groan/vibration. It seems to be around TC lockup, but I'm not
convinced the two coincide. Most obvious around 60 MPH on the highway
with light pressure on the gas... It's sort of a groan/rumble with
mild vibration. It seems to lessen as the truck warms up. Worse in
colder weather. Ideas? thanks!

ps: I'm trying to make this 99 healthy enough to tow 3500 lbs from NH
to FLA and back next month.... crazy???

Any ideas on making it successfully?