Vehicle turns on by itself

From: Ted Wiegandt (twiegandt@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2009 - 13:36:16 EST

This is on my wife's 97 Grand Cherokee but I hope someone may have
some insight since there seems to be a lot of overlap here.

When the battery voltage gets low, the vehicle turns on by itself.
The lights come on, the HVAC, the center console, everything is just
like the key was in and it was turned on. I can put the key in and
try to start it, but there isn't enough juice, when I remove the key
everything will stay on. This is a wonderful feature that completely
drains your already low battery. Once the battery gets a good charge
everything is fine. It has done this twice in the last year. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Ted