RE: RE: 5.2 vibration/rumble/groan or something like that...

From: Rick Suter (rick.suteriii@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 10:16:04 EST

 ------------------------------

> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 12:44:40 -0500
> From: "Mike Sykes" <mikesykes@cox.net>
> Subject: DML: RE: RE: 5.2 vibration/rumble/groan or something like that...
>
>>>More evidence... I was presented with a MIL last night of P0138, O2
> sensor... could it be that simple?<<
>
> Unfortunately, yes. Also fortunately I suppose since O2's aren't all
> that pricey and are easy to change. =)
>
> - - miggity
>
> ------------------------------

I'm sorry to report that the O2 sensor didn't change the stumble. It
did shut off the MIL. And I appreciate the suggestion of misrouted
ignition wires also. However, this problem existed far before the new
wires. And otherwise then engine is running the best it ever has... So
much so that this AM I wondered if it was actually running at a stop
light.. That's NEVER happened!

Sadly, I'm leaning towards the Torque converter again... I plan to
have a pro tranny guy drive it. Yeah, this scares the hell out of me,
but at least he is recommended by my local speed shop guy who I trust
completely.

thanks,

Rick